The short answer, because they are the most powerful photovoltaic modules in the world.
Analyzing in more detail:
- have been designing photovoltaic panels for more than 35 years
- are visionaries, pushing the boundaries of photovoltaic innovation every day
- have proven reliability through extensive testing and performance in the field
Maxeon® cells are at the heart of SunPower modules. Mounted on a copper base, they differ from conventional modules in their high strength and the extraordinary performance of the material. SunPower Maxeon® panels:
- represent 3.5 billion photovoltaic cells produced over five design generations
- offer more total energy produced; a SunPower Maxeon module produces 35% more energy in the same space in the first 25 years of operation than conventional panels
- are number 1 in efficiency in the photovoltaic panel market since 2007, offering more energy in less space
- have industry-leading durability with an expected lifetime of more than 40 years
- provide unparalleled reliability with the lowest degradation rate in the industry (0.2% annual power loss), a 25-year-old SunPower Maxeon panel has more power than a new conventional panel
- are the industry’s most popular stacked-edge cell technology, with over 3GW installed to date in more than 60 countries
- are protected worldwide by more than 90 patents covering cell and panel design, as well as key tools and manufacturing processes
- can produce up to 8% more energy, in the same space, in the first 25 years, when compared to conventional mono PERC panels
Outstanding technical features
and that’s not all, continuous innovation has allowed SunPower to create a new module, equipped with microinverters, we’ve talked about them in previous articles and we’ve been installing them since this month.
Ultimately, SunPower’s technology is at the forefront of environmental stewardship, and it’s the only solar panel manufacturer to be accepted into the Declare Label program Producing clean energy with a panel that’s been environmentally and socially conscious since its creation is a major plus.
Better product, better warranty
All SunPower panels are covered by the industry-leading 25-year Total Confidence warranty